Apply to STA
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at St. Thomas the Apostle School.
St. Thomas the Apostle School welcomes qualified students of any race, sex or national origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or national origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, athletics and other school administered programs.
Applications for enrollment are accepted beginning August 1 of the year prior to desired entry and continues on a rolling basis until each grade is full. Children must turn five years of age by December 31 of the year in which they enter Kindergarten. Preschool applicants must be completely potty-trained, and three and four years of age, respectively, by December 31 of the year in which they enter PreK 3 and PreK 4.
For additional information or to arrange a tour of the school, please contact Diane Klingman in our admissions office by email or by calling 860-236-6257.
We begin accepting applications on July 1 of the year prior to desired entry. Children must turn five years of age by December 31 of the year in which they enter Kindergarten. Preschool applicants must be completely potty-trained, and three and four years of age, respectively, by December 31 of the year in which they enter PreK3 and PreK4.
A complete application file includes the following components:
- Completed application form submitted with a non-refundable $75 application fee
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of the child’s baptismal certificate if he/she is Catholic
- Copy of the child’s most recent Health Assessment Record
- Complete records from the child’s current school
- Results from academic screening conducted at St Thomas the Apostle (grades K- 5 only)
Beginning February 1 and after current students have registered for the next school year, acceptances for the remaining seats in each grade will be offered to new applicants. If necessary, applicants may be offered a spot on a waiting list. Acceptance will be based on the following admissions priorities:
- Contributing parishioners of St. Thomas the Apostle Church or The Church of St. Timothy.
- Siblings of St Thomas the Apostle School current students or alumni.
- Members of other Catholic parishes who are enrolling more than one child at St. Thomas the Apostle.
- Members of other Catholic parishes.
- Applicants who are not-Catholic and who are enrolling more than one child at STA.
- Applicants who are not-Catholic.
Parents of accepted students will receive a tuition contract. With the return of the signed contract and a non-refundable deposit of $200 (which goes toward tuition) by the stated deadline, a student’s spot is secured.